If you want to live a more meaningful life, then you’ll want to tune in to learn from Terri Trespicio. She teaches us how to get unstuck and reframe the idea of following our passion to unfollowing our passion! Why? Terri believes that we don’t follow our passion, rather it follows us. We dive into her soon to be released book, Unfollow Your Passion, How to Create a Life that Matters to You.
Terri is an award-winning writer, speaker, and brand advisor. Her TEDx talk, “Stop Searching for Your Passion” has surpassed more than 7 million views and she was named by Hubspot as one of the “Top 18 female speakers who are killing it” (she came in at #2—Oprah was #8), and one of the world’s leading creatives by Creative Boom magazine. The show notes are at https://thegoodlifecoach.com/155/
- What passion really is.
- How women often feel “stuck” but it is okay to choose yourself.
- How you can have a talent for something like singing, but it doesn’t need to be your passion or vocation.
- We have choice in life. Terri chose to not have kids but she reminds us that there are many things we do that we don’t really want to do.
- How to move forward in life if you are feeling stuck.
- Terri gives us two writing prompts. One for women who are completely disconnected from what they want from life. 2. Another prompt if you are stuck around your work and making money.
- The difference between a job, a career, and a calling.
- The importance of trying something if you are stuck.
- The importance of cultivating a network.
- How we can feel old at 50 or young at 50 – it is a choice. If we make excuses that we can’t do something because of our age – that will be our reality.
- Why it’s a good idea to expose yourself to new ideas and people.
- The difference between comfort and complacency and why seeking to be comfortable is okay, and more!
https://unfollowyourpassion.com/ – Terri’s website
“The Creative Habit” by Twila Tharp
Terri’s TEDx talk, “Stop Searching for Your Passion,” has earned more than 7 million views.
Terri’s first Interview on My Show – How to Standout in a Sea of Sameness
Thank you so much for listening!
I’d love to here from you, if you have questions or comments, visit me here.
If you’d like to advertise or sponsor the show, you can reach out here.
This episode was sponsored by Design a Life You Love, A Woman’s Guide to Living a Happier and More Fulfilled Life. My book includes 52 inspirations, one for every week of the year, each with practical tips to guide you to self-love and success on your own terms. It makes a great gift for yourself or a friend!
Rate + Review:
If you enjoyed this episode, would you please take a minute to review it on iTunes?