IN THIS EPISODE:
If you have been considering making a transition in your career or you have been out of the world of work for a while but don’t know how to re-enter, this interview is for you! Laura Berman Fortgang draws on 25 years of experience as a sought-after coach, best-selling author, and tv personality (she even appeared on the Oprah Winfrey show). Talking to Laura, it’s easy to see why her Ted Talk has garnered over 1.5 million views. Laura’s coaching practice helps people find their calling and she counts celebrities and Fortune 100 companies among her clients. Her wisdom will provide you with useful tools to navigate career transitions. All of the show notes can be found at thegoodlifecoach.com/236.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to figure out your skillset. What do you have experience with doing well?
- Why you can + should factor in your volunteer and fundraising experience.
- Why your resume doesn’t dictate what you should do next
- The value of doing informational interviews and joining networking groups.
- Pay attention to what kind of help people seek you out for – this is a clue.
- Ask yourself “What’s possible for others if I did this work?”
- Ask “Can I live this lifestyle with my hobby?”
- Ask, “Who are you? What do you care about and what do you want to impact? Make decisions from there, and more!
- Website + Freebie: www.nowwhatcoaching.com w Free download: QuickGuide to Clarity
- Laura on IG
- Laura on Linkedin
- First Interview with Laura about Transitions, Purpose, and Intuition
- Laura’s Tedx Talk: “Find your dream job without ever looking at your resume”
- Book: “Now What? Revised Edition: 90 Days to a New Life Direction“
- Michele on Instagram
Laura’s professional life is anchored by her international reputation as a pioneer in the personal coaching field. Laura is also a best-selling author, sought-after speaker, TV personality (Oprah and All National Morning Shows), corporate spokesperson, interfaith minister and performer. Her TedX talk currently boasts over 1.8 million views.
Laura’s five books are published in 13 languages. She has addressed audiences around the world on topics such as Reinvention, Career Satisfaction and Small Business as well as bringing coaching to diverse clients ranging from homemakers to celebrities and Fortune 100 companies.
She’s known for her unique career clarity “Now What?®” methodology and her A-List Coach Business Mentoring Program.
Thank you for listening to the show!
Please be sure to share it with your friends who would benefit from this information. Also be sure to subscribe on Apple Podcasts so you don’t miss an episode.
Rate + Review:
If you enjoyed this episode, would you please take a minute to review it on Apple Podcasts or your favorite podcast player.
1. Click on this link
2. Click “View in Apple Podcasts” button
3. Click “Follow” button
4. Click “Ratings and Reviews” text
5. Click to rate and leave short review and you’re done!