IN THIS EPISODE:
“Happiness is not a state of being it’s a state of doing.” – Meaghan B Murphy
Meaghan B Murphy, Editor in Chief of Woman’s Day magazine is on to discuss her book, Your Fully Charged Life, to share key tips for us to cultivate happiness. Her book is the result of her twenty year journey to finding the “yay” in every day and is filled with the latest research in neuroscience, positive psychology, and inspiring examples of how we can retrain our brains to live happier. Meaghan shares some personal struggles from her past (eating disorder, loss, and her entire family having Covid at the same time) and how she used the “tools” in her book to find joy even when things were hard — and how you can benefit from these tools too. If you could use some tips for living a happier life, tune in now. All of the show notes can be found at thegoodlifecoach.com/123. While on my site, I’d like to invite you to join our community to receive more inspiration and tips to love yourself and your life. Look forward to connecting!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How she used her toolkit when she and her entire family got the virus.
- How happiness is something we can all have more of in our day.
- Specific tools to cultivate joy and see the good in life.
- Her personal challenge as a young girl and teenager (dealing with an eating disorder and loss) and how she went from “grumpy” to “fully charged”.
- Why realizing that if you’ve been through anything difficult you realize you can handle hard things.
- How the universe supports us– and how someone showed up in her life that helped her deal with her father’s passing.
- The importance of asking for help.
- How dressing for the life you want to live can change how you feel, and much more!
MEAGHAN’S BEST TIPS FOR LIVING A GOOD LIFE:
- Understand that you deserve happiness.
- Remember that tomorrow can be better no matter what you are going through today.
- Acknowledge the hard thing but know that there is always a way through and it starts with one positive action step.
- @MeaghanBMurphy on IG
- DrDarria – referenced in the show on IG
- Michele on Instagram
More About Meaghan B Murphy:
Meaghan B Murphy is a longtime magazine editor, writer, on-air lifestyle expert, podcaster, and certified trainer. Currently the Editor-in-Chief at Woman’s Day magazine, Murphy is a media veteran who previously served as executive editor of Good Housekeeping. She lives with her husband and their three children and fur baby in Westfield, New Jersey.
Your Fully Charged Life is Meaghan’s practical guide to bringing your best self to every moment, even when the pressures of daily life leave you feeling overwhelmed, exhausted, and wallowing in negative thoughts (and a pint of your favorite gelato). Spanning health, work, family time, and more, this book reveals small changes in outlook and habits that yield big results, without ever sacrificing who you are.
Informed by the latest research in neuroscience, positive psychology, and inspiring examples of women and men who live fully charged every day.
Thank you for listening to the show!
If you enjoyed this interview, please take a moment to subscribe and review it on Apple podcasts. Your reviews are so appreciated! Not sure how to do it? Instructions are below. XO, Michele
Rate + Review:
1. Click on this link
2. Click “View in iTunes” button
3. Click “Subscribe” button
4. Click “Ratings and Reviews” text
5. Click to rate and leave short review and you’re done!