Have you been searching for a meaningful way to connect with loved ones? For Melanie Flores, co-founder of OctoGifts, spreading love through entrepreneurship is a family affair. As an MIT-educated engineer and former STEM educator, she followed her now 14-year-old son Sebastian’s creative dreams and launched Octo Gifts to sell his one-of-a-kind 3D greeting cards and DIY card kits. She’s here to share her inspiring personal story along with tips on how to foster your child’s entrepreneurial spirit, overcome business challenges, and create the legacy you want. All of the show notes can be found at thegoodlifecoach.com/099.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Melanie’s incredibly moving story of why she decided to start her own business
- How to go into business with your child and ensure that their excitement endures
- How to overcome perfectionism when it’s holding you or your business back
- Why starting something new later in life could make you feel younger
- How the different times in your life might seem much more connected when you look back
MELANIE’S 3 BEST TIPS ON LIVING A GOOD LIFE:
- It’s never too late to start something new – never stop creating and teaching, it’s our way of leaving a footprint on the world.
- Believe in yourself and surround yourself with people who believe in you.
- Connect the dots – you have to trust that the dots will connect in the future as there is often meaning in seemingly disparate events in your life.
- OctoGifts on Facebook
- OctoGifts on Instagram
- Melanie on LinkedIn
- Cynthia Bestemen on The Good Life Coach podcast
- Steve Job’s commencement speech at Stanford (2005)
- Beau the Lil Ice Cream Dude
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- “Kidpreneurs: Young Entrepreneurs With Big Ideas!” by Adam and Matthew Toran
Thank you for listening to the show!
Please be sure to share it with your friends who would benefit from this information. Also be sure to subscribe on Apple Podcasts so you don’t miss an episode. 🙂
Rate + Review:
If you enjoyed this episode, would you please take a minute to review it on iTunes? Your review helps me better understand what topics you most enjoyed. It also helps others find this podcast so that they too can learn this actionable information.
1. Click on this link
2. Click “View in iTunes” button
3. Click “Subscribe” button
4. Click “Ratings and Reviews” text
5. Click to rate and leave short review and you’re done!
There may be affiliate links. These links don’t create any extra cost for you. They help support the free content I provide here.