Dr. Carla Brown is the Founder and CEO of Game Doctor, a solution driven organization that aims to transform science and health education through production of digital media. The company develops mobile games, software and media to educate communities on complex topics in science and healthcare. We discuss antibiotic resistance, entrepreneurship, and much more. Tune in at http://thegoodlifecoach.com/057
- Why she decided to launch her company.
- What is antibiotic resistance and what causes it.
- Good and bad bacteria.
- Whether you should bother to wipe down your seat or tray on an airplane.
- Her hope for the future and how children learn quickly using games.
- How we’ve saturated the environment for the last 56 years so we need new drugs and used prudently.
- How kids microbiota don’t develop until they are much older.
- Bacteria that mutated that is millions years old that have been found.
- Everyone’s microbiota is so unique – it is like a fingerprint.
- The importance of feeding your bacteria really good things.
- Being too clean prevents your immune system from creating a good memory so it can respond in the future.
- How it takes a year to reestablish your microbiota.
- Don’t take antibiotics unless you really need them. They only work on bacteria not viral infections. And much more…
Carla’s 3 Best Tips for Living a Good Life:
- Be kind to yourself and put your mental health first.
- Travel and immerse yourself in the culture.
- Work with people you normally don’t work with to expand your life view.
Resources + Books Mentioned:
Thank you so much for listening! Please share today’s show with a friend. Also, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or on your favorite podcast player!
If you enjoyed this episode, would you please take a minute to review it on iTunes? Just Click on this link
I’d love to hear from you if you have questions or comments, visit me here.
If you’d like to advertise or sponsor the show, you can reach out here.
Instructions on how to Rate + Review the Podcast: