Have you or someone you know been diagnosed with breast cancer or another life changing illness? Today, Dr. Sandra Freiwald is here to talk about her journey with breast cancer as not only a surgeon and patient, but as a mother, and a wife. Her husband had his own battle with a rare cancer a few years prior to her diagnosis. So Sandy has seen the impact of cancer from different perspectives. She shares her journey and her views on what makes a good life. This is a story of vulnerability and strength – a story that we can all relate to. The show notes are at thegoodlifecoach.com/029
- It’s important to recognize that you have to give up some control. There are things you won’t have the ability to change.
- You have to let go and advocate for yourself. Let people help you and accept the help that people give you.
- Recognize that you may feel awful at one particular moment and the next day you may not feel the same way – you might feel better.
- Learn to go accept and go with the flow.
Sandy’s 3 Best Tips:
- Schedule your annual mammograms, colonoscopies as early screenings are key if you are diagnosed for the best chance for an optimal outcome.
- Live every day in the present and savor every moment while we are healthy and are able to do what we love to do.
- Volunteerism is important. Fight for other people.
Thank you so much for listening!
I’d love to here from you, if you have questions or comments, visit me here.
If you’d like to advertise or sponsor the show, reach out here.
This episode was sponsored by Design a Life You Love, A Woman’s Guide to Living a Happier and More Fulfilled Life which is on sale until the end of June 2019. My book includes 52 inspirations, one for every week of the year, each with practical tips to guide you to self-love and success on your own terms.
Rate + Review:
If you enjoyed this episode, would you please take a minute to review it on iTunes?
1. Click on this link
2. Click “View in iTunes” button
3. Click “Subscribe” button
4. Click “Ratings and Reviews” text
5. Click to rate and leave short review and you’re done!