In this Episode:
Erin Weidemann has an amazing story to share. A 5-time cancer survivor, Erin is on a mission to change the world’s current definition of beauty. She is focused on her “true calling” as the award-winning author of “The Adventures of Rooney Cruz” series. Through her book series, Erin teaches young girls about the Women of the Bible. She realized little girls know everything about Disney princesses but don’t know anything about these historical women.
Erin wanted to create powerful mentors for young girls by featuring the women of the Bible. However, before finding her purpose, Erin was on a very different path. She began her career in finance with the goal of making money and buying a home in her twenties. She achieved her goal but when she learned she had cancer, everything changed.
- How her mother encouraged her to go to the doctor and how that visit changed her life when she learned she had cancer
- Why Erin became a teacher and left corporate when she got cancer
- Her moment of clarity during one of her darkest, most scary moments of her life
- How facing her mortality changed her life for the better
- Her coping advice for women with cancer who feel isolated and alone and want to experience peace again
- Why she is concerned about the next generation of girls and what she is doing to help them find their voice and leadership
- Her relationship with her husband and how he helped her find her strength and how together they are working on this mission
- The two words that she always thinks about that keeps her motivated
- How she transitioned from being a guarded, private woman to speaking on stages in front of thousands of people to empower other women
- Her daily routine to focus on what matters and be successful
- 3 key tips for all women out there who want to pursue their dreams (relevant to everyone and SO good)
- And so much more…
Show Notes & Resources:
Other books referenced:
Thank you for listening to the show. Please be sure to share it with your friends who would benefit from this information. Also be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss an episode.
Show Notes: The Good Life Podcast
Rate + Review:
If you enjoyed this episode, would you take a minute to review it on iTunes? Your review helps me better understand what topics you most enjoyed. It also helps others find this podcast so that they too can learn this helpful information.
1. Click on this link
2. Click “View in iTunes” button
3. Click “Subscribe” button
4. Click “Ratings and Reviews” text
5. Click to rate and leave short review and you’re done!