In this Episode:
Have you ever wanted to write a book? Perhaps you’ve dreamt of creating a cookbook, a book of poetry, children’s book, a work of fiction or non-fiction? Today’s guest is going to take us through the basics of self-publishing. Bruce Jones is an International Best-Selling Author, graphic designer, and product developer. Bruce writes, speaks and consults on publishing, social media, blogging, video and general marketing. He is the author/creator of over 40 books on the topics of: geography, music, business, publishing, children’s and coloring books.
If you ever wondered what it takes to self-publish a book, then tune into today’s episode.
- The difference between traditional publishing and self-publishing
- The main companies where you can self-publish your book
- Which types of books are best suited for self-publishing vs a traditional route
- Bruce explains how and why he got started with his writing at 53 years old
- How to build your authority using a book you created
- The people who tend to choose self-publishing or traditional and why
- Where you can find an illustrator if you need one
- The first step you need to take to begin
- How to begin writing and outline your book to make the process simpler
- The cost range to self-publish a book
- Where to find editors, designers, etc, to help you with all of the pieces of the puzzle
Show Notes & Resources:
I Want to Publish My Book But I Don’t Know How by Bruce Jones
Other Books referenced:
Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
Write. Publish. Repeat. (The No-Luck-Required Self-Publishing Guide to Self-Publishing Success) by Sean Platt and Johnny Truant
This episode is sponsored by my new book, Design a Life You Love, A Woman’s Guide to Living a Happier and More Fulfilled Life. This book includes 52 inspirations, one for every week of the year, each with practical tips to guide you to self-love and success on your own terms. It’s a short book that you can read in about an hour, but includes life lessons that will last a lifetime. It makes a great Christmas gift for a women in your life who could use some inspiration. Available in print and on kindle.
Thank you for listening to the show. Please be sure to share it with your friends who would benefit from this information. Also be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss an episode. 🙂
Rate + Review:
If you enjoyed this episode, would you please take a minute to review it on iTunes? Your review helps me better understand what topics you most enjoyed. It also helps others find this podcast so that they too can learn this actionable information.
1. Click on this link
2. Click “View in iTunes” button
3. Click “Subscribe” button
4. Click “Ratings and Reviews” text
5. Click to rate and leave short review and you’re done!