In this captivating interview, I have the honor of sitting down with the remarkable Dr. Gladys McGarey, a centenarian and visionary in the field of holistic medicine. At 102 years young, Dr. McGarey shares her wisdom, experiences, and the profound insights she gained throughout her extraordinary life. Join us as we delve into her recently published book, “The Well-Lived Life,” and explore the key principles that have shaped her journey and learn the secrets to living a happier and healthier life.
*This is a podcast interview and not intended to be medical advice. Please consult with your trusted healthcare professional for your health-related questions.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Dr. McGarey’s reflections on longevity and vitality
- How she has such zest for life, including why she jumped out of a cake at 95 years old, and the symbolism of riding a tricycle into her 102nd birthday party.
- The importance of nurturing spiritual, emotional, and physical health.
- How we all have a physician within and what that really means on a healing journey.
- What advice she’d give her younger self.
- Dr. McGarey’s experiences navigating obstacles throughout her career.
- The importance of resilience and adaptability in the face of adversity.
- Why she says having “Juice” and maintaining our juice is important to living healthier and happier.
- Her 10-year plan and vision she’s working on and how having a 10-year plan is something she believes keeps life moving through us.
- How her parents inspired her path and why as The Mother of Holistic Medicine she is a pioneer in the world of holistic health, and more!
IG: Dr. Gladys
Dr. Gladys McGarey is recognized as a pioneer of the allopathic and holistic medical movements, she is also a founding diplomat of the American Board of Holistic Medicine. She is the cofounder and past president of the American Holistic Medical Association, as well as the cofounder of the Academy of Parapsychology and Medicine and the founder of The International Academy of Clinical Hypnosis. Dr. Gladys lives and works in Scottsdale, Arizona, where for many years she shared a medical practice with her daughter. She currently has a medical consulting practice, maintains a healthy diet, and enjoys a good piece of cake every now and then. She has spoken at TEDx.
Please be sure to share it with your friends who would benefit from this information. Also be sure to subscribe on Apple Podcasts so you don’t miss an episode.
Rate + Review:
If you enjoyed this episode, would you please take a minute to rate + review it on Apple Podcasts or your favorite podcast player.
1. Click on this link
2. Click “View in Apple Podcasts” button
3. Click “Follow” button
4. Click “Ratings and Reviews” text
5. Click to rate and leave short review and you’re done!