Have you ever considered taking an improv class? Wonder what you’d learn in a business improv class? Bob Kulhan is an elite improviser and an adjunct professor at both Duke University and Columbia University business schools. He is the Founder & CEO of Business Improv® – a 22-yr-old consultancy linking improvisation to business through behavioral sciences. Bob is the author of “GETTING TO YES AND” and we discuss the benefits of using improv. The skills teach you how to be a better communicator and form stronger connections with others. Tune in now and access the show notes at thegoodlifecoach.com/137.
Are you enjoying the podcast? If so, I would love your review on Apple Podcasts. It only takes a minute.
1. Click on this link
2. Click “View in iTunes” button
3. Click “Subscribe” button
4. Click “Ratings and Reviews” text
5. Click to rate and leave short review and you’re done!
Thank you for listening to the show!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- The benefits of learning business improv for better communication and connection.
- You can business use improv for relationship building, building a stronger team, networking, presentation skills.
- It’s a learned skillset that you can use on the phone, on zoom, and in person.
- Why you shouldn’t think about what you are going to say while someone is speaking and stay present to the other person.
- How to conduct yourself on a zoom call for maximum connection and feeling comfortable on camera.
- The importance of empathy, vulnerability, and listening well.
- The advice that Tina Fey gave Bob that he shares that we can use too.
- Why group think shouldn’t limit other ideas, and much more!
Business Improv® is delighted to offer listeners of The Good Life Coach Podcast an exclusive discount to Improvisational Communication, a first-of-its-kind online course designed using research backed by science and more than 20 years of experience. This course is regularly priced at $249 and by using the code GOODLIFE you will receive 50% off the purchase price for a total cost of $124 (a savings of $125!). Improvisational Communication
*Michele is not an affiliate of the program but is happy to offer the discount to those who are interested.
Here are two sample videos to give you an idea of the course content. These videos are taken directly from the course.
The course is designed to take you from constantly struggling with your blocks and barriers to communication, to a place where you can thrive as a confident—and competent—communicator. (It is as applicable virtually as it is on-site and in-person!)
ABOUT TODAY’S GUEST:
Bob Kulhan is an Adjunct Professor of Business Administration for The Fuqua School of Business, Duke University as well as an Adjunct Professor of Business for Columbia Business School, Columbia University. He also is the Founder & CEO of Business Improv® – a 21 year-old consultancy that links improv to business through the behavioral sciences and real-world application. Based out of Chicago, LA & New York City, BI is a world-class leader in developing experiential On-Site, Virtual Instructor-Lead Training (VILT) & Digital asynchronous learning programs for businesses. For 26 years Bob has performed and taught improvisation internationally. His teaching and performing credits include Chicago’s famed Second City (mainstage (understudy), core faculty & master artist), Improv Olympic (resident company/faculty), Baby Wants Candy, Columbia College, London TheaterSports, The Banff Centre, The Australian Graduate School of Management, and Koç University in Istanbul, Turkey.
Thank you for listening to the show!
Please be sure to share it with your friends who would benefit from this information. Also be sure to subscribe on Apple Podcasts so you don’t miss an episode.