What does it mean to find your purpose? Purpose, meaning, and change are even more a part of our lives now than they were when I first launched The Good Life Coach.
In today’s episode, New York Times bestselling author Lisa Genova joins me for a deep conversation about life, including how she followed her purpose during uncertain times. Lisa was my very first guest, and I’m so excited that she returned for this special second anniversary episode of the show.
Tapping into her background as a neuroscientist, Lisa has written five best-selling fiction books, including “Still Alice” (Julianne Moore won an Oscar in 2015 for her role in the film adaptation). Since we recorded, Lisa revealed that Angelina Jolie and Christoph Waltz are slated to star in the film adaptation of her most recent novel, “Every Note Played.”
Her latest work, and first nonfiction book, “Remember: The Science of Memory and the Art of Forgetting” is now available for pre-order.
From a TED Talk with over five million views to appearances on the Today Show, CNN, and NPR, Lisa’s spirited voice reaches many. All of the show notes can be found at thegoodlifecoach.com/104.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How Lisa develops her characters, and why you should always record your spontaneous ideas
- How to approach life from a place of love rather than a place of fear
- Why curiosity is the bridge from fear to excitement
- How to listen to the truth that lies in your soul
- How to stay more rooted in the present instead of worrying about future outcomes
- What to do when you feel internal discord
- Why you should follow your inner knowing even when logic suggests otherwise
- Why change doesn’t come from a place of comfort
- Why you shouldn’t settle for “good enough” in life and ignore your calling
- Why you should continue journaling about who you are and what you want
- We find what we look for – how to do work that brings you closer to your dreams
- The meditation, manifesting, and journaling practices Lisa uses to tap into her intuition
- How voicing or writing down your dreams makes them realer
- Lisa Genova on Episode 1 of The Good Life Coach
- “Still Alice” by Lisa Genova
- “Every Note Played” by Lisa Genova
- “Remember: The Science of Memory and the Art of Forgetting” by Lisa Genova
- Lisa Genova’s website
- Lisa Genova on Instagram
- Lisa Genova on Facebook
- Ten Percent Happier podcast with Dan Harris
- Elizabeth Gilbert’s TED Talk on creativity
- Untamed by Glennon Doyle
- Michele on Instagram
Thank you for listening to the show!
Please be sure to share it with your friends who would benefit from this information. Also be sure to subscribe on Apple Podcasts so you don’t miss an episode. 🙂
Rate + Review:
If you enjoyed this episode, would you please take a minute to review it on iTunes? Your review helps me better understand what topics you most enjoyed. It also helps others find this podcast so that they too can learn this actionable information.
1. Click on this link
2. Click “View in iTunes” button
3. Click “Subscribe” button
4. Click “Ratings and Reviews” text
5. Click to rate and leave short review and you’re done!
There may be affiliate links. These links don’t create any extra cost for you. They help support the free content I provide here. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.