We are discussing how you develop the mindset, confidence and skills to get your book out in the world and to own your creative journey. It took 15 years for Julie to become a published author and she is sharing her 30 years of experience in arts administration as well as her writing journey to empower other writers. She’s a multi-published mystery writer. Her eighth book, Digging Up the Remains, written as Julia Henry, will be out at the end of August. Julie launched Your Ladders, a company that helps performing artists and writers develop the confidence for their creative journey while developing the tools they need to get past the blocks and obstacles in their path. Visit https://thegoodlifecoach.com/089 for the show notes!
Why she launched Muse Mapping and how artists need to understand the business side as well as the creative process. The art of craft and mindset.
- 4 steps to confidence building to write your book.
- Defining success – the importance of always being on the journey.
- The 3 steps to creating a successful journey: 1. Hone your craft 2. Build your community 3. Understand how the business works.
- The advice that she wish someone would have told her when she started writing and what she tells her students now.
- The importance of the mechanics of writing.
- How creative energy heals the universe and helps us all rethink how life should be.
- You need to love the craft of writing. It needs to be joyful even if it is hard.
Resources Mentioned (Books + App)
Thank you for listening to the show! Please be sure to share it with your friends who would benefit from this information. Also be sure to subscribe on Apple Podcasts or your favorite podcast app to be a part of this community of strong, smart, and successful women.
Rate + Review:
If you enjoyed this episode, would you please take a minute to review it on iTunes? Your review helps me better understand what topics you most enjoyed. It also helps others find this podcast so that they too can learn this actionable information.
1. Click on this link
2. Click “View in iTunes” button
3. Click “Subscribe” button
4. Click “Ratings and Reviews” text
5. Click to rate and leave short review and you’re done!