Diana Kapp’s first book, Girls Who Run the World has just been released and we are diving into why she wrote it and how she hopes it will serve as a resource for what is possible for young girls and young women. This book illustrates what is possible through story-telling. Diana interviews many leading female CEOs, including Sara Blakely, the Founder of Spanx. She also features the entrepreneurs behind Rent the Runway, Stitch Fix, Pop Sugar, Glossier, Minted, Soul Cycle, 23andMe, and more. Diana is a journalist and her work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, ELLE, Marie Claire, MORE Magazine, O the Oprah Magazine, and her book was just featured on NPR’s Marketplace. An informative and inspiring interview. All of the show notes can be found at https://thegoodlifecoach.com/053
- What prompted her to write this book
- Why girls lose their sense of self-confidence
- Why girls are underestimating their intelligence
- Why she believes only 2% of women owned companies receive VC funding
- The certain traits that the women she interviewed have in common
- Why she wrote an open letter to Forbes in response to their 100 Most Innovative People list
- Why we need to let go of perfectionism and allow kids to follow their passions and take risks…and much more!
Diana’s 3 Best Tips for Living a Good Life:
- Have a steady running group – women you meet up with regularly.
- Have deep ties to your community.
- Enjoy your kids. Don’t be so busy and tell them what to do, but find quality time to spend together.
Resources + Books Mentioned:
Diana’s Book: Girls Who Run The World: 31 CEOS Who Mean Business
The book on IG
Michele on Instagram
Thank you so much for listening! Please share today’s show with a friend. Also, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or on your favorite podcast player!
If you enjoyed this episode, would you please take a minute to review it on iTunes? Just Click on this link
I’d love to here from you, if you have questions or comments, visit me here.
If you’d like to advertise or sponsor the show, you can reach out here.
Instructions on how to Rate + Review the Podcast: